I am Ya-Ching Yang (Jean), a software engineer working at DAZN Group in Amsterdam.
After being a part-time backend engineer for a year, I have become a professional software engineer for almost 4 years. At the beginning of my professional career, I focused more on front-end, especially React.js and its ecosystem. Sometimes I worked on Jenkins pipelines and developed Rails APIs as well.
Later, I found DevOps a very interesting field and I was fantasized by "automation". I want the greatest development process. With one click then I can set up the local development environment; Whenever a team member pushes to a remote git repo, our pipeline will take care of everything - to install dependencies, to lint, to test, to build, and finally, to deploy.
That's why I changed my role to a DevOps engineer/SRE.
Now I am working at DAZN as a backend engineer. Not only develop our applications, but I also design infrastructure and take care of CI/CD pipelines.
- My most loved editor: VSCode, Vim
- Blog: https://medium.com/@jeanycyang
- GitHub: https://github.com/jeanycyang
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeanycyang/ (Connection Welcomed!)
Goals for the Blogathon
- Share my experiences in CI/CD process - I plan to write a series named "JS in Pipeline"
- I am too lazy to write more articles before 😢
- Share my experiences about how to get an oversea job and how to survive in the Netherlands 😂
- Want to know more Taiwanese who want to work abroad / already work abroad!